- Salmon - great source for omega-3 fatty acids. These fats help lock in moisture, which helps keep your skin from looking dry.
- Carrots - Get a healthy glow by eating your carrots! Beta-carotene will help fill in blotches in your skin and can help prevent premature aging from sun damage.
- Avocado - they contain monounsaturates and B vitamins, which can help with wrinkles, keeping your skin looking smooth and vibrant.
- Beans (Legumes) - lentils, black beans, peanuts, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and chick peas. These help in smoothing out wrinkles because of the isoflavones that are in the beans.
- Grapes - don't want to wrinkle like a raisin? Eat some grapes! They contain polyphenols that can help keep skin from sagging. Polyphenols improve skin's elasticity by strengthening collagen.
- Water - stay hydrated with H2O! Not enough water = Drier Skin.
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT....
We focus on our skin on the outside but eating the right foods helps you work from the inside out! Here are 6 foods that promote healthy skin. The contents of these foods are what help our skin and there are substitutes if you don't care for these foods. Just look for other foods that contain these ingredients. As always, eating fresh foods is better for you.