Isn’t it funny how we are always in a hurry to grow up? We want to act older, be treated like we’re older and certainly look older. Then, once you get older, you are fighting every line, wrinkle and everything else to look young again. Beauty seems to be a never-ending battle, no matter what your age. You may be thinking blah, blah, blah, I don’t want to read about skincare, show me pretty colors. You need to take care of your skin so those “pretty colors” stand out!
I just cringe every time I read about how well someone’s makeup stayed on after they slept in it all night and how good it still looks. Yes, I know it’s impressive but good for you it’s not! Pimples, pore clogging, ugh! Do you even realize what you are doing to your skin? Look at it this way, your pillowcase & pillow are picking up that dirty bacteria too. So guess what, that bacteria will be there night after night.
If you are one that is blessed with perfect skin and you do this, all I can say is it will catch up with you eventually. I will get into skincare routines later but wanted to give you some tips on keeping your skin as clean as possible with just the daily things you do.
- Make sure you ALWAYS wash your face before you go to bed.
- Don’t touch your face throughout the day and if you need to, make sure you wash your hands first.
- Oily hair can create pimples and blackheads around the hairline, so be sure you keep your hair clean. It’s not good to wash your hair every day though because you hair can dry out and colored hair fades quicker. Have you heard of dry shampoo? It is amazing! I love TIGI Dirty Secret dry shampoo. It is basically an aerosol can of a drying type agent that you can use between shampoos. It is also great for adding some volume to your roots. Check it out!
- Keep things that come in contact with your face clean: phones, headsets/microphones, etc.
- Wash your makeup brushes often.