7/07/2010

BLENDING

Blending is the key to applying your eye shadows. Believe it or not, it’s actually kind of hard to make a mistake when applying eye shadows. You can almost always blend it out. It’s not to say that mistakes don’t happen but you can blend out just about anything. When you blend, make sure you are blending the edges of two colors, not actually on the one color unless you want to fade out that color because it’s too dark. Remember, you can always add more color if needed. Sometimes I will do my crease and then blend a lighter color above the crease and it fades out that crease color too much. So, I just add more color! If you find you are losing too much of a color while blending, you may be using either the wrong brush or one that is too big for your eyelid. You want a fluffy brush that isn’t too stiff like the ever famous MAC #224 brush. If it has short bristles and is too stiff, it will just wipe of the color when you try to blend. It also depends on how hard you push that brush on your lid. I find that lighter strokes help to blend and not remove the shadow. You also want to make sure you are coordinating the right colors. Think of it as if you are seeing a color go from darkest to lightest. I laugh inside sometimes because someone will ask me, what colors are you wearing, and there are days that I will have 6 different colors going. I know when I first started trying to blend it out I was afraid to take the brush across the colors because I didn't want to lose any of the color I had just added to my lid. All I could think was, what a waste. It isn't a waste though, it's just part of achieving the look. Once you get the hang of it, you probably won't even need to add extra color because you blended it out too much. You'll know how much you need the first time you add that color. I can also say it depends on the brand and/or color I am using on whether it's more pigmented or not. All I can say is practice, practice, practice.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far. Don't be afraid to add some color to those beautiful faces! Pinks & peaches on the lips and cheeks. Yellows, greens and turquoises on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment