5 STEPS TO GET YOUR FACE RED CARPET READY
Ok, so maybe your not a movie star that will be walking the red carpet, but wouldn’t you love to have glowing skin like they do.
Here are some steps to help you accomplish the look. If you do these on a regular basis, you could have beautiful, glowing skin all the time. It takes discipline though!
1) Hydrate your skin – Drink lots of water to help hydrate the skin from within.
2) Exfoliate – let’s get rid of that dead skin. It’s pointless to moisturize dead skin so make sure you exfoliate often. Remember, exfoliate longer, not harder. Scrub in a circular motion for 2 minutes a couple of times a week. Scrubbing too hard can cause redness and damage your skin. If you wax your face and tend to get ingrown hairs, exfoliating will help with this. Invest in a skin care system like Clarisonic. Other brands make these. I have one by Jafra and it works great. You put the exfoliating product on your face and then use the battery operated brush to clean and exfoliate your skin. It really makes a huge difference and leaves your face so smooth and clean.
3) Facials – if you can’t afford to go to a spa/salon for a facial, give yourself one. It can be as simple as exfoliating, mask and moisturize or you can buy a face steamer to open the pores and buy other treatments for your face. A lot of brands make products and some even have a set, which helps cut down on the cost. You can also check your local newspaper and mailers for discounts from local salons. I see them all the time.
4) Moisturize – It is so important to develop a routine for your skin that works. Fine what works well for your skin and use it day and night. This is huge! We all get lazy and don’t feel like doing things but this is one step you don’t want to skip!
5) Highlight and shimmer – Bronzers and highlighters help bring out your features and give a great sun kissed glow to your face. Just be sure not to over bronze or highlight. You want glow, not glow in the dark! J I use MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish every day. I absolutely love it! I put it on my nose, cheekbones and a light dusting on my forehead and chin. I don’t care for matte skin because it looks like you need to drink water or something. Too chalky for my personal taste. A light shimmer gives a healthy glow.