5/02/2011

Eyes - The Waterline

The waterline – the inner part of the lash line. I struggled for years trying to find a product that worked for my waterline. I would see my friends use a pencil liner without any problems and the color went on great. I kept thinking, am I the only person in the world that can’t use liner on my waterline? I tried different pencils and nothing worked. Then, one day I was putting on my gel liner and thought ~ waterline. I applied it with my Make-up Jungle #800 angle eyeliner brush and it went on great! I was so excited! Finally, something that worked for my waterline. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Since then, I have discovered some other products that seem to work well for this too ~ see below. Try different shades to give your eyes that POP of color! Please remember that this is very close to your eye, so if a product burns or irritates your eye, discontinue use.


Gel (Cream) liners ~ several brands carry the gel liners: MAC, Inglot, Bobbi Brown, Stila, L’Oreal and many more:

~ Apply with a brush (our #800 Angle Eyeliner works great for this)
~ Goes on very easy
~ Takes a few seconds to dry, so be careful not to get it in your eye or on your contacts if you wear them. It does come off the contacts easily, you just have to remove to clean.
~ Stays on well, would have to reapply if going out in the evening, after wearing all day
~ Most brands only carry basic colors. Although, more are coming out with a good variety of colors.


Pencil Liners
As you may know, almost every makeup brand sells a pencil eye liner. I have personally never been a fan of these because they don't typically stay on very well and the color payoff isn't that great. I do however, have a couple of brands that I do like: MAC's kohl pencil and Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil.

~ Goes on fairly easy
~ Creamy
~ Have to apply often
~ Easy because it’s a pencil and you don’t need a brush.
~ Large variety of colors
~ Color payoff isn't as great as the gel liners.


NYX Jumbo Pencil

~ Goes on very easy
~ Very Creamy
~ Stays on pretty well, would need to reapply if going out in the evening, after wearing all day.
~ Easy because it’s a pencil and you don’t need a brush. Although, because it is so creamy, you can use your eyeliner brush to apply if you prefer.
~ Great variety of colors
~ Probably need to set with a powder for better staying power.


As you can see there are a variety of brands and types you can use. It all comes down to what works best for YOU!



1 comment:

  1. I am always looking for makeup tips! Thanks for the great advice!

    ReplyDelete