4/26/2014

MAC Studio Sculpt Lash Review



Trying to find a mascara I love has always been a difficult task. I have tried more mascara brands then I care to attest to and can never seem to get it just right. I am fortunate to have long lashes but I always want them to look thicker/fuller. Over the past few years I've learned that a "mascara cocktail" works well but you have to mix the right two or three mascaras for it to work. My "mascara cocktail" I mean layering your lashes with different mascaras.

I was searching MAC's website one day and discovered their Studio Sculpt Lash mascara. I loved the skinny brush and thought this could be great as the first layer on my lashes. The skinny brush would allow me to get really close to my lash line, allowing to create the fullness I've always wanted. I was ordering a few things on their site and thought, what's one more mascara to try. ha! 

MAC Description ~ An innovative brush design uniquely crafted to capture and separate each lash for instant definition, length and curl. Produces maximum fullness and thickness for a strong, dramatic look with effortless precision. Creamy, velvety formula in a shade of Sculpted Black.

I have been using this mascara for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE IT!! You know how some mascaras start off just okay and then after a little use they get better? Well, not this one. It started off great and continues to deliver!


First I apply this mascara to my upper lashes making sure to get as close to my lash line as possible. Then I apply another mascara to both upper and bottom lashes. I've been trying different mascaras to see which ones pair well with MAC Studio Sculpt. So far I really like this cocktail: MAC Studio Sculpt Lash + Maybelline Volum' Express the Rocket = Intense Voulmne/Thickness. The two pair really well together! See pictures below. If you don't care for a super thick lash, you can wear the MAC Studio Sculpt Lash by itself. It separates lashes quite nicely.



I have some other mascaras I will be trying with the MAC Studio Sculpt Lash and will report back my findings of what works and what doesn't. :)

MAC Studio Sculpt Lash available at: MAC online, MAC stores and other stores where MAC is sold.



No comments:

Post a Comment